ELUX Marine was started by medical device entrepreneur Howard Root and boat craftsman Bart Jones to bring a new concept to boating – one that’s fresh, quiet, trouble-free, electric.
The result of their collaboration is now available in the ELUX electric luxury pontoon – a 24-foot fiberglass pontoon powered by a 72-volt, 420-amp lithium battery pack propelling a direct drive inboard electric motor at speeds up to 14 mph. At cruising speed, the ELUX electric pontoon motors for over 10 hours on a single charge and recharges by plugging into a standard electrical outlet.
Initial limited 2019 production of the ELUX pontoon will be available for sale and delivery in May.
“We started ELUX Marine to redefine the pontoon experience by using the clean power of electricity to lead the next generation of enjoyment on the water,” said Howard Root, Chief Executive Officer of ELUX Marine. “Our ELUX electric luxury fiberglass pontoon combines the simplicity of an electric motor with the luxury of a fiberglass design to deliver the most pleasurable and trouble-free pontoon boating experience available.”
“When I started my design work five years ago, I asked myself a simple question: What if a pontoon didn’t look like a pontoon? Starting with a blank sheet of paper, I sought to create a pontoon that was tailored for lake cruising but was also sleek and stylish. The first step was to integrate the pontoons into the hull and the final result is the ELUX pontoon – a boat that meets the pontoon cruising needs for Minnesota lakes with a design that uses clean, simple lines to make a bold statement,” ELUX Marine Chief Design Officer Bart Jones said.
Beyond the benefits of electric power, the standard features of the ELUX include:
- Integrated passenger seating for 12, with flip-up storage and multiple USB chargers;
- Slide-out cabinets for full-sized cooler, trash and recycling storage;
- Unobstructed 2-foot swim platform with under-mount telescoping ladder;
- GPS with Simrad GO9 XSE 9-inch display and TotalScan transducer sonar;
- Premium Infinity stereo by Harmon Kardan with eight speakers, subwoofer and Bluetooth;
- LED bow and stern lighting;
- Handheld electric portable vacuum;
- Removable custom shade sail for protection from the sun and rain;
- Removable transom gate and full-sized table;
- Pull-up cleats and quick release customized flat boat fenders.
The new ELUX electric luxury fiberglass pontoon will be on display in the ELUX Marine Booth at the Minneapolis Boat Show, to be held at the Minneapolis Convention Center.