Top Boating Apps for Your Smartphone
We realize that the whole idea of a pontoon excursion with your friends or family is to disconnect from our crazy busy lifestyles. But we also recognize the need for information in an information age. So we’ve compiled a list of boating apps that may help you get the most out of your Pontoon Depot boat outing, without totally engaging the real world.
- Boaters Checklist GPS – Make sure that you have everything you need before you hitch up the boat and head to the lake. And, if you frequent a favorite location, you can use this app to record the exact GPS location of a stellar fishing spot or a hidden shallow sandbar.
- Float Plan – Share your boating excursion plans with friends and family not hitting the waves with you, so that they know where you are in case of an emergency.
- Boating Weather – Get real time weather information from the National Weather Service before and during your boating excursion.
- IGFA Mobile – If you’re an avid fisherman, then this is the app for you. The International Game Fish Association gives you access to information on great fishing spots, as well as a fish identifier, a catch log, locating IGFA weigh stations, and more.
- GPS Speedo – This app provides an analog GPS speedometer, graphing your speed in real time.
- Sea Tow – Use this app to get on-water assistance, tide information, weather forecasts, GPS and more.
- The Encyclopedia of Boating – Everything you need to know to be a boat owner, all in one place. This app provides information on boat maintenance, navigation, boating in various weather conditions, and even how boats work.
Both Operating Systems
- Boat Ramps – Find and get directions to more than 35,000 boat ramps all over the U.S.
- BoatUS – Just in case you get into trouble (such as running out of gas because you were having too much fun to notice), use this app for access to a network of on-water towers in over 300 nationwide ports.
- Scott Reynolds