DIY Fisherman's Net Coastal Christmas Tree For The Holidays
By: Party Swizzle
Combine the spirits of the season and seas for a fisherman’s net coastal Christmas tree for the holidays. All you need are a few push pins, a tape measure and a fishing net to have a ready-to-decorate, super-easy, no-mess symbol of Jesus and his great catch miracle.
- 5’ x 10’ heavy gauge fishnet
- Tape measure
- Indoor: Push pins or thumbtacks
- Outdoor: Small nails with large heads & hammer
- Paper clips
- String lights
- Starfish for the top
- Optional: Plastic crabs & seashells
Where to put it:
Hang your fisherman’s net coastal Christmas tree on an indoor wall or outdoor fence. The net, ornaments and lights are relatively lightweight and require very little support.
We made a beachy background by covering an indoor wall with a roll of Fadeless Design Weather Wood paper from Blick Art Supplies.
Step 1 - Pin the points:
Measure and pin the points to hang your net Christmas tree first. We used PartySwizzle.com’s Heavy Gauge Fish Net, but you can cut any net to 5-feet x 10-feet to use with these measurements.
-- Point K: 28” from the center to the right, 18” from the ground.
Step 2 - Plan the lights:
- Top: Lobster & Crab Buoys (end-to-end connectors)
- Middle: Realistic Seashells (no end-to-end connectors)
- Bottom: Glitter Teal Seahorses (no end-to-end connectors)
Then, we were able to run the lobster buoy string lights from the extension cord plug around the top edge outline of the tree. From that point, we could plug the seashell lights into the lobster buoy lights’ end-to-end connector, and run them through the mid-section of the tree to the bottom.
Step 3 - Hang the net:
- Point A: Find the center of one of the short sides (5-foot), and hang on the top center tack, Point A.
- Point B: Fold the top left corner down the remaining length of the short-end edge, toward the center. Hold the left corner in the center and stretch the net left to find the point where the long edge folds over to create a triangle, then hang this point on the left top tree bough tack, Point B.
- Point C: You can adjust this point to add/remove swag in the top outline of your tree. Repeat on the right to match the left side, Point C.
- Point D-E: Measure 14” along the net’s edge from the left top tree bough tack, Point B, and hang this point on the left tack of the upper mid-section, Point D. Repeat for the right side, Point E.
- Point F-G: Run the net’s edge from the left tack of the upper mid-section, Point D, to the left middle tree bough tack, Point F. Repeat for the right side, Point G.
- Point H-I: Measure 14” along the net’s edge from the left middle tree bough tack, Point F, and hang this point on the left tack of the lower mid-section, Point H. Repeat for the right side, Point I.
- Point: J-K: Run the net’s edge from the left tack of the lower mid-section, Point H, to the left lower tree bough tack, Point J. Repeat for the right side, Point K.
- Point L: Make any adjustments to ensure that the remaining length of net is equal on both sides. Find the center point of the remaining short side (5-foot) and pin to the center of the tree, Point L, approximately 48” from the ground.
Naturally, top your fishing net coastal Christmas tree with a starfish. We used a 6-8” white Knobby Starfish, but a Finger Starfish would also work well, and added a couple of extra push pins to support our Christmas Sea Star.
Step 5 - Accessorize:
Nightmare on Pontoon Street | Pontoon Brewing in GA
Date And Time
Sat, Nov 2, 2019, 8:30 PM –Sun, Nov 3, 2019, 1:30 AM EDT
Something's brewing on "Pontoon Street" this Halloween. All you can drink beer, costume contests, food truck and more! 21+
About this Event
What awaits you:
- Open bar with your pick of Pontoon favorites
- Live DJ
- Costume contests
- Brainfood Grilled Cheese Food Truck on site all night
- Free parking at the venue but don't drink and drive. If you take a Lyft to the brewery, you will receive 50% off your ride home
Come in your best costume for a chance to win some prizes!
Best Overall Costume: $250 Cash Prize
Scariest Costume: $25 Pontoon Gift Certificate
Funniest Costume: $25 Pontoon Gift Certificate
Best Couple Costume: $50 Pontoon Gift Certificate
Tickets go on sale on Friday the 13th, September 13th, at 10:00AM. Limited early bird and online sales available so make sure you get to be part of this spooky evening!
General Admission, Group Discount: $18 per person, group of 5+
9/13 @ 10:00 AM - 10/31 @ 11:59 PM
General Admission, Early-bird: $25
9/13 @ 10:00 AM - 10/4 @ 11:59PM
General Admission: $30
10/5 @ 12:00 AM - 10/31 @ 11:59 PM
Designated Driver: $5
9/13 @ 10:00 AM - 10/31 @ 11:59
Door General Admission: $35
*limited online tickets will be available*
We'll have some of your favorite beers along with some spooky specials available all night. Brainfood Grilled Cheese Food Truck will be selling delicious themed sandwiches all night (not included with ticket).
Boat Clubs & Rentals For Precious Cargo | Aloha Pontoons
By: Aloha Pontoons
Rental boat customers are precious cargo and they deserve the very best constructed pontoon. Aloha is the only company who can provide a pontoon that will stand up to these rigorous conditions. We have outfitted marinas from coastal waters to the smallest of lakes throughout the nation since the 1960's.
See for yourself what Bill Barnes, President of Tri-Pennant Family of Resorts has to say about working with Aloha.
Whenever anybody asks me to recommend a brand of pontoon boats, I have an immediate response to them. "Aloha" manufactured by Waco Manufacturing in North Little Rock, Arkansas.
The reason that I do not hesitate with this recommendation is because of almost 30 years of buying and renting Aloha pontoon boats, which we believe are some of the nicest and most durable pontoon boats built.
A little history - my dad started Mountain Harbor 47 years ago. We are located on Arkansas' largest lake - Lake Ouachita - a 49,000 acrew wilderness lake surrounded by the Ouachita National Forest.
I assumed management control of Mountain Harbor almost 35 years ago and recognized very quickly one of the necessary cash flow components of our company was first-quality rental equipment for the marina. We tried a couple of other brands of pontoon boats which were okay but didn't seem to hold up well. We started using Aloha around 30 years ago.
As Mountain Harbor (Arkansas' largest family owned resort) has grown to its present size of 900 acres; two residential areas; 1300 slips; and various pools; tennis courts; riding stables; dive shop; conference facilities; etc.; so has our fleet of Aloha pontoon boats.
Over the years of our relationship with Aloha we have learned a lot about renting pontoon boats and have shared a number of ideas with Aloha that have, we believe, made their pontoon boats not only better for us, but a better overall product. One of the values of our relationship has been the ability to exchange information back and forth. The owners, management and the rest of the Aloha family have had a wonderful influence on us and how we offer our fleet to our customers.
The bottom line is we are extremely proud to offer Aloha pontoon boats which we believe are as luxurious as any in the industry - truly first class, but are extremely durable and will give us several years of service without significant maintenance.
We applaud you for constantly improving your equipment. They are always stylish; always constructed to the very highest of standards; and have always pleased our customers. We will continue to offer Aloha barges at Mountain Harbor, Iron Mountain and Self Creek with pride.
- Bill Barnes
Tri-Pennant Family of Resorts
Revolutionary Pontoon Ladder: New REVO A True Game-Changer
The next big thing for pontoon owners might just be the LilliPad REVO Ladder. The new boarding ladder sets the bar for comfort and functionality while offering an unrivaled array of features and benefits. LilliPad Marine has a reputation for getting boaters in-the-water with its Innovation Award Winning LilliPad Diving Board and is committed to making the process of re-boarding comfortable for all boaters.
REVO Ladders fasten to boats using a modular mounting system. With mount brackets installed at both locations, it can easily be moved from stern to bow making the ladder versatile for deep water swimming or an afternoon at the sandbar.
Releasing or securing the ladder to its mounts is as simple as pulling or inserting two locking pins. The REVO Ladder also boasts an impressive 48-inch (below the deck), 5-step design when deployed. The ladder’s deployed shape has been carefully crafted with an obtuse angle that positions the lower portion vertical and the upper portion sloped. REVO’s shape is critical in eliminating the need for flexibility or upper body strength to climb the ladder with ease. In addition, the ladder’s wide, slip-resistant, ergonomic-steps and beefy structure provide unmatched comfort and stability.
While REVO is deep when deployed, when retracted it sits only 16 inches above the deck presenting an aesthetically pleasing low profile. Furthermore, the REVO Ladder can be deployed and retracted from a standing position thanks to its innovative folding design and retracting strap. Thus, no kneeling or leaning over into the water to deploy or stow your ladder is required.
REVO Ladders are designed to exceed industry standards. Each ladder is built with heavy wall aluminum extrusions, robust (internal) stainless-steel cables, and stainless hardware. In addition, the ladder is self draining, eliminating the ability to freeze and crack. REVO Ladders are also suitable for dock mount applications boasting the same great features and benefits of the boat boarding ladder. Especially noted by homeowners is the ladder's ability to fold, eliminating the rigid, algae-covered ladders found on most docks.